Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update

Lately I've had a little trouble being able to get on the field and play. My shoulder is acting up again. It began bothering me a little more than normal, even for me, about 3 weeks ago. I have developed a high pain tolerance for my shoulder since surgery and even with that tolerance as high as it is my shoulder still wasn't acting right. I pulled myself in the middle of an inning on May 8th because my arm was hurting to bad to continue. Since May 8th I have had about 10 days off from throwing, seen the doctor twice, and been given one Cortisone shot to help with inflammation. No one really knows what the problem is. The only thing I can tell the medical staff is, "if it hurts this bad, I can't pitch." The shoulder is such a complex joint that it could be anything at this point and with my medical history, who knows whats going to happen. So with that said, it's safe to say over the past two weeks or so I have been down in the dumps about pitching again. Darn thing is just hurting again. I hope nothing is seriously wrong because I love playing but then again I am well aware there is more to life than just baseball, so I can be at peace either way. I try throwing again Thursday(5/20) so I'm sure I'll learn a lot more then.

On a positive note I had my first buddy come visit me. Jared Koon was passing through Port Charlotte this past weekend and decided to come by and stay at my place a few nights. It was good to get a friend from back home down here to hang out with. I enjoyed him visiting since I don't get much company. There isn't really much to do down here but we made the most of our time spent in conversation. He has always been a great guy if you are looking for a meaningful conversation so I enjoyed my time spent kicking-it with him. He has decided to do a wonderful thing with his life working with Campus Crusade. He was just passing through PC on his way to Miami for a Campus Crusade summer project. He gets to spend 5 weeks in Miami with other members of the Crusade's family learning, sharing and growing in faith. I had a good time with J.K. and am thankful for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment