Sunday, June 13, 2010

Update

Been doing a lot of sitting around this past week. Yep, just sitting around. I am getting to accustom to this lifestyle it's very unfortunate. I haven't made much if any progress with my shoulder over the last week. To be honest I really don't do much of anything but work out a little and pre-hab my arm preparing for the worst. With a torn labrum, which is made of cartilage, there just isn't much I can do. So with that I show up to the park later than usual, about nine in the morning, so thats nice I guess. Getting to the park later than normal and leaving the park sooner than normal means I have a lot of down time. Time to just sit around and do what I do best, nothing.

Alarm goes off at 7:45 in the morning and I usually hit snooze once so I can grab an extra nine minutes in bed angry that I have to be up at all. I never fall back to sleep in those nine minutes so there is no real purpose to hit my snooze, I just do it and wait nine minutes so I can be rushed I guess. I've really been big on eating a large breakfast lately so thats usually what I consume my mornings with before the field. I honestly think I could get away with not even showing up to the field at all some mornings. When I say there is nothing for me to do at the field right now, I mean nothing, literally. I show up at nine which is totally to my discretion and I'm pretty much on my own. I guess they, being the Rays, don't really know what to do with me at the moment so they just kind of let me be. I am what we like to call, being on my "own program." I just work out on my own, say hey to a few of the guys, shower and go home.

I have a meeting with Dr. Andrews in Birmingham on the 22nd of this month I guess to be told I need to have surgery the next day. I am sick of not really being up to anything so as bad as surgery sounds, I look forward to getting away from here for a couple of days. Shoulder surgery sucks, but I think I need it so at some point I will have a healthy arm again.

Anyway, that was just a little update.

-WILL

1 comment:

  1. To get to Birmingham, you have to drive straight through here. I'd be glad to offer you a South Georgia meal. My wife cooks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete